Friday, February 29, 2008

Diapers...Name Brand VS. Store Brand


We all know that diapers can be a very expensive necessity. But are those cheaper store brand diapers really a good value? Or are we better off spending more for Pamper's or Huggies? This post is based on my experiences with both types of diapers. This is only my opinion and experiences. Some people may agree or disagree with my views.

When my son was first born he only wore Pampers. I felt they were very absorbent and fit him well. But after he moved into size two diapers I started looking at the store brand diapers. I realized I was paying double for the same amount of diapers. I am not a rich person, so I am always trying to find ways to save money. I decided to give Parent's Choice (a Wal Mart store brand) a try.

I was very pleasantly surprised by Parent's Choice. I had tried Huggies a few times and my son leaked through them about four times a day, with the Parent's Choice he has yet to leak through them.

My Mother shops at Sam's Club (A warehouse store) she suggested buying diapers there cause they were cheaper to buy in bulk. Once again I tried the store brand (Member's Mark) and was very pleased. My son has yet to leak through these as well.

So all this got me thinking. Why do we spend more money on name brand diapers when most of the time the so called store brand diapers work just as well or better than others? I figured we have been told forever that this brand or that brand is the best ever so we buy it for the name.

Others are determined to only buy the best for their babies. That is great if you can afford it, but I am looking for the best value for my money and I have found this in store brand diapers. Besides I don't think my child will ever remember that he did not have Pampers or Huggies when he was a baby!

No comments: